“This is the story of three generations starting from my father Dr. Angelo Pagliai, linked to the same vision and ability to grow together with our company.” Orietta Pagliai, President
- Dr. Angelo Pagliai founds FRIEM: begins the story of a company having name based on the acronym of five Italian words Forniture Rappresentanze Industrie Elettriche Milano.
- The company improves its electricity conversion skills. This important technological innovation leads to a positioning in a specific market: the global Rectifiers market. Now FRIEM has become Fabbrica Raddrizzatori e Impianti Elettrici Milano, the acronym includes two new important words that give a new and clear identity to the company, Rectifiers and Electrical plants
- The production activity is focused on the design of high power converters for electrochemical industry (mainly chlorine and caustic soda) and metal refining. Precisely during this year FRIEM installed the first thyristor rectifier. This step appointed the company the first place in the world using this technology together with Fuji and Siemens.
- New studies and new technologies in the electrotechnical field, lead FRIEM to develop the first control and protection automatic system applied to the chemical process chlorine/caustic soda (ACPD system)
- Since the early 70s FRIEM puts its expertise at disposal of the rail and urban electrification moving its first steps in the electric mobility sector. Products reliability has been really improved, in fact beyond 20 years of functioning there’s no faulty recorded with the supplied products.
- Proceeding with the technological innovation, FRIEM develops its first Power Supply for the PolySilicon production, fundamentals for the electronics industry first and for pv cells then
- Orietta and Marco Pagliai, sons of the founder, are now at the helm of the company leading FRIEM with success through global economic changes.
- Orietta, supported by her son Lorenzo Carnelli, acquire the management of the society. The second and the third generations guide FRIEM to increase its capabilities and market share
- With perspectives on a great industrial development FRIEM establish a connection with a reference Milanese and National actor, the Jaselli’s family. The collaboration leads in 2008 to the acquisition of COET, main Italian company for the rail and urban electrification.
- Thanks to the Polysilicon sector, FRIEM is at the peak of development, and expands its headquarter from the late 50s original factory, by building new offices. Refined and simple at the same time the new factory is innovative and highly livable. The same year FRIEM acquires an important shareholding in a Turkish company operating in electric energy distribution, named Setas (today Aktif Elektroteknik)
- Counting on a solid presence in the PolySilicon sector, and thanks to the attention on renewable energies resources, the company decides to explore new spheres giving birth to the RECon Line, converters dedicated to renewable energy.
- Starts a new chapter of FRIEM’s history, with a deep reorganisation path to sustain new solid and important development in the renewable energies and electrical mobility sector. The change involves the management of the whole Group, in fact COET share have been assigned to focus on new challenges goals.
- A new Industrial Plan drives FRIEM to operate in three main reference sectors: Industry represented by the historical rectifiers business, Energy including renewable energies and energy storage systems, and Mobility oriented towards the growing electric mobility.
- – To speed up with the development mostly of the new sectors, an inorganic development come up beside the organic strengthening. FRIEM acquires the majority of WWS (Windkinetic), to accelerates on the energy field, and the innovative start-ups Yess Energy (since 2018 in FRIEM Group) and Eyes Group operating in the electric mobility.
- FRIEM Group keeps on supporting the sustainable development of rural communities with important projects and investments. Thanks to the sustainable use of essential resources, beyond granting access to clean and reliable energy to rural communities, the Group gives a real contribution to enhance the quality of lives and to preserve the environmental heritage.
New and challenging developments are waiting for us