FRIEM for hydrogen production: power to gas
When energy is used to produce hydrogen gas
Most P2G systems use electrolysis to produce hydrogen (green hydrogen if produced from renewable resources). FRIEM makes available its know-how and technology in energy conversion to sustain the hydrogen value chain and production with its AC/DC power rectifiers for electrolyzers.
FRIEM provides robust and efficient purpose-built Power Conversion Units (PCUs) which pair with main electrolytic cells technologies (alkaline, PEM and SOEC).
Accordingly, also the rating of the Power Conversion Unit (PCU) can range from 0.5 MW up to 30 MW. Long term experience in rectifier equipment design and manufacturing, in addition to a well-established business collaboration with the main technology providers in this industry, allow FRIEM to be recognized as a strategic partner in the development of customized and long-lasting solutions to accomplish the following goals for an effective utilization of the resources.
Features of FRIEM PCU
- High efficiency of the system by the installation of high performing equipment;
- Reduced footprint of the equipment thanks to FRIEM’s compact design;
- Design of modular solutionsto ensure high plant flexibility during operation;
- Low impact on the supply voltage grid thanks to multi-pulse connection and harmonic filter design and installation, allowing to improve the overall power factor and harmonic distortion index;
- Development of plug & play solutions to reduce the time for installation, commissioning and start-up;
- Technical support during the whole lifecycle of the plant thanks to a dedicated service team in our headquarter in Milan and a massive network of collaborators worldwide.
PCU for hydrogen electrolysis process
Want to receive more info
about FRIEM PCU?
Click and fill the form
Gas to power
When hydrogen is reconverted into energy
Some key concepts
+ What is hydrogen?
+ How can hydrogen be produced?
+ What is green hydrogen?
+ How is hydrogen used today?
+ How will hydrogen be used tomorrow?
Hydrogen is essential to decarbonize the energy system. It offers ways to decarbonise industrial processes, it looks promising to be a lowest-cost option for storing electricity, can transport energy from renewables over long distances. Hydrogen can be used as energy carrier in sectors like transport, and to heat and power buildings.