Power Conversion Units for hydrogen electrolysis process
Properly designed to supply electrolysers for green hydrogen production, nowadays crucial in the transition to a sustainable climate-friendly economy.
The challenge to decarbonise our fuel-based economies is widely recognised at the highest political levels and supported by a massive investment campaign.
Green hydrogen production has been identified as a key factor for storing renewable energy and to be used as fuel for power production, domestic heating or transportation purposes.
Thanks to the continuous and fast development of the technology related to the cells, the installed based is growing significantly worldwide and the next challenge will be a cost effective transition from pilot to industrial size of the systems. Accordingly, also the rating of the Power Conversion Unit (PCU) can range from 0.5 MW up to 30 MW.
FRIEM, with more than 70 years’ experience in power conversion field, has acquired the needed knowledge to sustain the full scale industrial deployment of clean hydrogen production, providing robust and efficient purpose-built PCUs which pair with main electrolytic cells technologies (alkaline, PEM and SOEC).
Long term experience in rectifier equipment design and manufacturing, in addition to a well-established business collaboration with the main technology providers in this industry, allow FRIEM to be recognized as a strategic partner in the development of customized and long-lasting solutions to accomplish the following goals for an effective utilization of the resources:
- High efficiency of the system by the installation of high performing equipment;
- Reduced footprint of the equipment thanks to FRIEM’s compact design;
- Design of modular solutions to ensure high plant flexibility during operation;
- Low impact on the supply voltage grid thanks to multi-pulse connection and harmonic filter design and installation, allowing to improve the overall power factor and harmonic distortion index;
- Development of plug & play solutions to reduce the time for installation, commissioning and start-up;
- Technical support during the whole lifecycle of the plant thanks the a dedicated service team in our headquarter in Milan and a massive network of collaborators worldwide.
Get more informations about FRIEM dedicated hydrogen product-line